Who can get the COVID-19 vaccine?
Under current guidance, COVID-19 vaccination is being offered to the following:
- People aged 55 and over
- People at high risk from coronavirus (extremely vulnerable)
- People who live or work in care homes
- Health and social care workers
- People with a condition that puts them at higher risk People with a learning disability
- People who are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus and a registered carer and/or in receipt of carer’s allowance.
When will my 2nd jab be?
The current guidance is that you will be contacted on the 11th week to be booked in for your COVID 19 jab.
I would like to have a Pfizer please could you book me for this appointment?
We are currently only offering first dose AstraZeneca’s at the moment. We are following the guidance that has been given to us currently.
I have had a covid 19 vaccination and I am feeling unwell and I don’t know what to do?
If it is our patient we can book them in for an appointment with the GP. If they are a patient frm another surgery inform them to contact their own surgery or call 111.
Call 111 if any of these symptoms start from around four days to four weeks after being vaccinated:
- Severe headache that is not relieved with painkillers or is getting worse
- A headache that feels worse when you lie down or bend over
- A headache that’s unusual for you and occurs with blurred vision feeling or being sick, problems speaking, weakness, drowsiness or seizures (fits)
- A rash that looks like small bruises or bleeding under the skin
- Shortness of breath, chest pain, leg swelling or persistent abdominal (tummy) pain
What are the benefits of having the vaccination?
The COVID-19 vaccine can help stop you getting seriously ill or dying from coronavirus. For people aged 30 or over and those with other health conditions, the benefits of being vaccinated outweigh any risk of clotting problems. If you are under 30 and have already had the first AstraZeneca dose without any serious side affects you should still get the second.
For people under 30 without other health conditions, it’s currently advised that it’s preferable to have another covid 19 vaccine instead of the oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.
What to do if you’re not eligible yet?
You will be contacted as soon as you’re able to have the vaccination.
My first jab is not recorded on pinnacle
Ask the patient if they had the jab here? If yes- pls ask them for a batch number and jab they had and record on pinnacle and emis. If they did not have it here, tell them to contact the surgery that they had the jab with.
Could I turn up at the end of the day for are any spare doses?
We can take your details down to put down on a reserve list however, this is not a guarantee of a call. In the event of a spare dose being available, those that fall within the recommended guidelines and at higher risk will be contacted first.
Can I be booked early as I have a trip planned?
The only indication for your appointment being brought forward is if you are due to start immune-suppressing medications such as chemotherapy. We can not bring your appointment forward for travel purposes.